Saturday, 7 February 2009

25 Random Things About Me

My friend Sheryl tagged me in one of those interminable things that float around social networking sites like Facebook. Usually such things involve 'poking' and 'hugging' and sending each other plants or snowballs or beer and I don't understand them so I have a backlog of several hundred because I don't know how to stop them and I don't want to offend anyone. This one seemed fairly straightforward though, and I like Sheryl, so I did it. I simply had to write 25 random things about me. So I did. Then I realised I could post them here as well. So I did. Here they are.

25 Random Things About Me

1.
My middle name is Harry.

2.
I once had a Red Setter called Lara

3.
I went to Hartcliffe Comprehensive School.

4.
I drink coffee. Roasted coffee beans are my favourite smell.

5.
I have 2 Ivor Novello awards.

6.
I have FSH Muscular Dystrophy.

7.
I read a lot of books.

8.
I hate rhubarb and gooseberries.

9.
I can't stand getting cold.

10.
I write a blog called How To Be An Inspiration.

11.
My first girlfriend was Elaine Wentworth. We were five and it lasted over two years.

12.
My first love was... someone else.

13.
I used to be very good at making bread.

14.
Kirsty MacColl was the best.

15.
I won a silver teaspoon in a beautiful baby competition.

16.
I rank in the top 2% of the nation at General Knowledge (according to the BBC's Test the Nation).

17.
I would love to see a whale.

18.
My favourite author is Christopher Brookmyre.

19.
My first car was a red Mini reg KY55C.

20.
As a boy my favourite comic was called The Sparky.

21.
I could never do the Rubiks Cube although I was among the first to have one in the country.

22.
I love superhero comics.

23.
I tell my children Wheelchair Man bedtime stories.

24.
My first memory is of sitting in my highchair in the kitchen of 3 Krispin Way, Bristol. There were fruit and vegetables on the wallpaper.

25.
My favourite confectionery is Turkish Delight.

If you would like to comment on this post please accompany it with at least 3 random things about you!