Saturday 3 October 2009

Still No Wheelchair

Okay, where were we? My super-duper new wheelchair is still AWOL. Obviously it was never going to be simple to fix what with it literally having more computing power than the Apollo 11 moon landing mission. Apparently the controller has a fault. I'm told it should be sorted sometime next week. If I had any breath I'd hold it.

Talking of breath – neat segue, hey? - I'm making progress with the lung infection again. I was doing very well but on Thursday took a few steps backward when my temperature went up again. Dr Toosy has switched me to Ciprofloxacin and given me some Budesonide nebulisers. The main problem is that the whole process is so exhausting. It's not been helped by having my comfy wheelchair whipped away. My posture is not so good in the old one and the base of my right lung gets compressed. On Friday the community physiotherapist came to beat me and shake me. If she wasn't so nice I could really go off her.

That's all for now. Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. Having spent from the age of 11 to 18 at an all boys boarding school, where I was beaten and shaken every night, I am able to offer advice on this; Quick Sketch, just don't look so damn attractive and they soon get repulsed and move on to annoy another pretty boy.
    Nowadays I try hard to play down my looks by taking drugs that make my skin turn green. I'll admit I do suffer from anger bouts and need a lot of new clothes, but I'm worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ciprofloxacin is so powerful you'll be a new man in no time which might be a bit disconcerting for Polly - hope she adapts well to change!!

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment to leave a comment. I read and appreciate them all. Thank You.