Thursday 25 September 2008

In The Post

Polly and I are back from our anniversary lunch. We went to The Post Restaurant in Banstead, Surrey. It is a converted post office, all white walls and abstract art, owned by 'TV Chef' Tony Tobin. Polly had baked haloumi cheese on a mixed salad with lemon oil and balsamic dressing, followed by smoked haddock risotto. I had spaghettini pasta with tiger prawns, crab, chilli, ginger and garlic, followed by Steak and Guinness pie served with fresh seasonal vegetables, creamy mashed potato and gravy. We were too full up to contemplate a dessert.

I would love to be able to relate a hilarious and wrath causing tale of poor access and uncivil staff, but unfortunately the restaurant has ramped access and a large level dining area. The staff were completely unfazed by the wheelchair. They even offered, unbidden, to supply a drinking straw with my orange juice. Perfect? Well yes, except that I managed to inhale a flake of crab and spent the meal desperately trying not to cough. So romantic.

Thank God she loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a moment to leave a comment. I read and appreciate them all. Thank You.