Friday 6 June 2008

My Left Foot

I'm going to have a quick moan. My foot hurts. It's a minor thing I know, but it's getting on my wick. It's the new wheelchair you see. As you may remember I had my reservations about it but it has proved to be fabulous. The tilt mechanism has meant I can change position easily and that has helped with the general aches and pains. It's the footplates that are the problem. My feet naturally drop and yet the footplates hold my feet at the 'correct' angle. I rarely used the footplates at home with the old Harrier and usually only put them on when I was outside. As a result the soles of my feet are not used to resting on anything. The balls of my feet, particularly the left one, feel bruised as a result. It really really hurts and I'm fed up with it. Moan, moan, moan, I know. I won't do it too often, I promise, but it is part and parcel of my life. Ooh, that's a bit self-pitying, isn't it. Sorry. Maybe tomorrow I'll moan about the weather. . . or my bunions. . . or the price of fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a moment to leave a comment. I read and appreciate them all. Thank You.