Monday 15 March 2010

Spring Is Springing

I feel a little as though I am coming out of hibernation. As the weather improves and the temperature slowly climbs I have been able to get out a little more. My mother came to visit and Polly and I took her for lunch at the local garden centre (rock n roll, hey). Then at the weekend I went to collect Sam from a party and also chased the boys around the park on the their bikes. (This took a while because Sam can only ride in a straight line and crashes dramatically at the slightest curve.)

Both Polly and I are benefiting from me having the new BiPap mask. So far the alarm has not gone off once since my return from the Brompton. Getting a good nights sleep has had a reinvigorating effect; Polly has taken up running again. She has been looking through catalogues and trying to fathom which running outfit will not emphasize her bottom.

I am pleased to report that my regular carer, Kolapo, has returned to work. He is much recovered from his injured back but is not going to be working 7 days a week any more. While he has been away we have had a series of other carers visiting. One of these was a very nice man called Balham. At the end of his stint with us Polly did what she had been dreading doing all week, as Balham departed she bid him farewell and wished him a good week saying, “Goodnight, Mitcham!”

Until next time.

4 comments:

  1. I am sure that there are worse (place)names to be called :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you're back

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you and Polly! A good sleep makes all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe that it has taken til now for this to be sorted! I'm delighted you are both getting a decent night's sleep now.

    I can't wait til Monday to tell the girls in the office about the scaled-down-carer solution to your space problem......It's utterly dismaying, but I just can't stop laughing about it.

    Sophie (Paul Sartori)

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment to leave a comment. I read and appreciate them all. Thank You.