Sunday 31 January 2010

Bumped

Apologies for the lack of posts over the last week or so. What can I say? It's January. It's cold, grey and generally miserable. If there was any justice in the world I would be in Mauritius.

I am not, incidentally, in hospital. I was due to go in to the Royal Brompton on Tuesday so they could fiddle around with my BiPap settings and play with my mask in an attempt to sort out my CO2 levels. However I was bumped from my rightful bed by some sick person who was deemed to be in greater need than me. I was all psyched up and ready to go, ebooks downloaded and iPod charged, when the bed manager rang to say don't come.

Polly had to cancel her 'girls night' and we are both resigned to another couple of weeks of disturbed sleep with the BiPap alarm going off on average 17 times a night. It is worse for Polly because the high-pitched alarm doesn't always wake me but it does her. She has taken to kicking me in the back so we can share the experience. The sooner we can get it all sorted the sooner my bruises will heal.

I'll keep you updated.

2 comments:

  1. Well that IS what marriage is about, Stephen, sharing EVERYTHING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have muscular dystrophy. my version is called IBM or Inclusion Body Myositis. Also wheelchair jockey.

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment to leave a comment. I read and appreciate them all. Thank You.